ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Price <>
Subject RE: AW: AW: two diff't JDKs
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:06:37 GMT

--- Erik Price <> wrote:

> Mike,
> An unescaped space was my first guess, too -- it looks almost as
> though
> the command that Ant is executing to the DOS shell isn't well-formed
> somehow.  It would seem most likely that the unescaped space is in
> one
> of my arguments, as you suggest, but if so then I just can't find it
> anywhere.  When I run Ant in -verbose mode so that I can see exactly
> what is happening, I find the following amidst numerous warnings
> about
> using C:\com\foo instead of C:/com/foo:
>     [javac] Compiling 1336 source files to
> C:\newdist\mswp-2a\build\classes
>     [javac] Using external javac compiler
>     [javac] Compilation arguments:
>     [javac] '-d'
>     [javac] 'C:\newdist\mswp-2a\build\classes'
>     [javac] '-classpath'
>     [javac]
>     [javac] '-g:none'
>     [javac]
>     [javac] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
>     [javac] not part of the command.
> And then it lists all of the files it's about to compile, at which
> point it gets to the very end and then ends with the "-g:none"
> argument
> error.

Is there any possibility that there is a problem when the file is
constructed of the form "@C:\filename\fileRANDNUMBER"?

This gets created in Java13CommandLauncher.exec() (from

Copyright.  Copy right.
The right to copy.  That's all it is.
Contrary to popular belief, there's no such thing as intellectual "property".

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message