ant-user mailing list archives

From Amit Kulkarni <proudlyind...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: multiple args to java task
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:02:15 GMT

> > If you havenīt a complex start procedure for the decompiler maybe you
> > can use <apply> here.
> >
> > <apply executable="java">
> >     <arg value="jode.decompiler.Main"/>
> >     <arg value="--dest"/>
> >     <arg value="${dest.dir}"/>
> >     <fileset ... />
> > </apply
> >

> > ... maybe we should give <apply> the ability to start java apps ...
>
> Discussed before (at least a couple time I can remember), and rejected on
> the grounds that a custom task should be written instead... I disagree, so
> if you want to raise it up again, I'll support you ;-)

Yeah rejected coz i dont think there is a way to execute above apply task in a loop where
in each
time in the loop the fileset gets a different jar file.

Also below u talked about putting the classpath in command line argument for java, but wot
abt the
windoze limit of only allowing 1024 chars in the command line ?
thanks