ant-user mailing list archives

From "Barney Barumba" <barne...@iname.com>
Subject Re: AW: Refining the results of a patternset
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 01:09:08 GMT
Antoine,

Thanks for that - I probably will just use selectors for some of
my more complicated stuff. However I sorted my original problem
which was occuring because of a difference between <include> and
<filename>:

<jar destfile="myjar.jar">
  <fileset dir="src">
    <patternset refid="my.src"/>
    <include name="**/foo/**"/>
  </fileset>
</jar>

includes both the files in the patternset and those matching the
<include> element, whereas

<jar destfile="myjar.jar">
  <fileset dir="src">
    <patternset refid="my.src"/>
    <filename name="**/foo/**"/>
  </fileset>
</jar>

includes only those files in the patternset which also match the
<filename> element - which is exactly what I needed.

I was thrown off track a little by the core selector doco that
states "<filename> - ... Equivalent to the include and exclude
elements of a patternset.", but a bit of playing around solved
the problem.

Thanks for you help.