ant-user mailing list archives

From Jim Dixon <...@dixons.org>
Subject Re: Maven and Ant
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:29:44 GMT
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Vikas Phonsa wrote:

> I've been using Ant for a lot of build related stuff. Now I hear of this
> other tool called Maven. Is there any place I could find the differences
> between maven and ant and which is better in what case.

The tools are largely complementary.  Maven is a project management tool
that is especially good at automating Web site builds.  Ant is an integral
part of this.  You can compile and test your software using Ant and JUnit,
and in the same run generate a project Web site with Maven, with the Web
site including JUnit test results, Javadocs, etc.  See for example
http://sourceforge.net/projects/quilt/

--
Jim Dixon  jdd@dixons.org   tel +44 117 982 0786  mobile +44 797 373 7881