ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject antlib and import
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:48:04 GMT
I have a build strategy of many projects whose build
files all depend on some common targets.  I had
implemented this using entity includes, and had been
referencing my custom tasks via the common taskdef and
typedef tasks.  Just wanted to make a testimonial
regarding <antlib> and <import>.  I wanted simplicity,
so I opted for the antlib usage in the project tag.
As for my base snippet, I added the project tag and a
default target and qualified my custom task and type
names with the namespace and that was pretty much it.
To get the approach down and figure out all the kinks
took less than an hour.

Next I plan to refactor my antcalls using macrodef.
I'll post my experiences to the list.

-Matt