ant-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Krishnaswamy <rajkris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help Needed: Unable to build!
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:40:05 GMT
Hey Shawn,

Thanks for the info. I am using one of my schools
Linux system which has Java preinstalled in it. Though
I could find java in /usr/bin I am still unable to
find where tools.jar would be!

Now I have a new java version installed and set the
classpath as you said, it works fine.

Rajesh.

--- Shawn <javajunkie@koyuru.com> wrote:
> > My guess is that the
> > classpath has to be set for the tools.jar file.
>
> In my .bash_profile I have
>
> CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar
> export CLASSPATH
>
> But
> > since java is loaded along with the linux package
> I am
> > unable to find tools.jar.
>
> I can't understand what is meant by that... you
> aren't sure where your
> JAVA_HOME is?
>
>  From a command line try
> $ env
>
> or
> $ which java
>
> and that should get you there I would think...
>

> --
> Shawn
>
> Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail
> client:
> http://www.opera.com/m2/

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> user-help@ant.apache.org

=====
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein.