ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Tomsic <ptom...@yahoo.com>
Subject retrieving incremental dumps from a db using ant?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:25:21 GMT
Is it possible to retrieve incremental database dumps
using ant?
I've got two boxes each w/ a database.  I need one db
to replicate the other db, and using built-in
replication from within the db isn't an option.

Could I have box(A) invoke ant w/ some type of
cron-job that goes out to box(b), performs a series of
db queries, outputs the sql results to a file, then
returns that file to box(a) ??

Seems like something ant should be able to do (or at
least some of it - perhaps I'd need ant to send over a
custom perl script to do the db operations), but does
anyone have any thoughts?

thanks