ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: precompiling jsps for Websphere...
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 02:36:20 GMT
Actually I've tried both, with not much success either way.  I've even used
their batch file jspbatchcompile.sh/bat and all I end up with is a bunch of
java files (no classes).

I've tried jspC (WS ant task), the batch shell script mentioned above with
the SUN and IBM java(s) and still no success.  Is there just no good way to
precompile these things?

-----Original Message-----
From: Donal Quinlan
To: Ant Users List
Sent: 10/23/2003 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: precompiling jsps for Websphere...

Do you use the regular ant command or ws_ant command under
WebSphere/AppServer/bin? A lot of our jsp's will only compile if the IBM

jdk under AppServer/java (and not another one like I tried) is used. I
can't remember if this was for jsp files that include other jsp files.

Side note: it seems WebSphere does not support hot deployment and
precompiled jsp's together. Runtime compilation needs to be turned off
to use precompiled jsp's. That means any new jsp's or updated jsp's
won't be loaded until they get precompiled and the server restarted.
Fine if all your jsp's will exist before starting the server, but that's

not the case for your's truely. I have opened a pmr with IBM but haven't

got a single useful piece of information from them yet.

Donal