ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wood <ch...@thesprocket.org>
Subject Hi, and a netware specific question...
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:33:04 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new to this list, but have been using ant for a year now.
At ${job} we use ant to both build our java software and to act as the
core for a platform-netural installer.

It works wonderfully in the main, so thanks deservedly go to all those
involved.

The 1000 or so lines of ant build.xml that comprises the installer works
really well too, but with a few little niggles that tend to only show up
on one platform or another.

The main platform I see issues with is Netware, and so that's the area
I'll ask about.
We currently have Netware 6 sp3, but going forward we'd like the
installer to work with 6.5 as well.
We're using ant 1.5.3-1, against the netware stock jdk1.3.1_06.
To get out installer working on netware, I've had to write a perl script
that sets some env vars then calls the provided perl script ant.pl. Fun,
but not the problem I need to ask about.

The big problem we see is this:
We need to gather some info for the install procedure, and use the input
task to do this.
On Netware, however, whenever the script hits an input task, java dumps
with a stack trace.
Here's an example:
--
pause:
    [input] Continue with install? (y,n)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1339)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1255)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)

unfortunately nothing similar sticks out.

Has anyone seen a similar problem?

I've worked around the problem by allowing all the required info to be
read from a config file which leads to the input tasks not being called.
Although this is a useful mechanism for all the platforms we need to
install on, it's a pain that we have to rely on this on Netware for now,
so any help will be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Chris
p.s. Once you've helped out with this, I've got an interesting OS400 ant
issue to discuss...