ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Touset <step...@touset.org>
Subject RE: New to ant, having some problems
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:32:18 GMT
Well, that would have worked, save one small detail. It seems, after
closer inspection, that compilerarg quotes its value if it detects
spaces. Thus, it would send "-Wall -ansi -pedantic -ggdb", etc. to
gcc/g++ (with quotes), which causes them to ignore the flags. Since this
nullifies the approach where the ${cctargetflags} property is set to the
appropriate flagset, I had to go back to my old method. Now, instead of
using a property container for all the flags, I simply have a lot of
<compilerarg value="blah" if="${release}> statements. I also noticed a
debug option for <compiler>, which enables debugging options. So I opted
to use <compiler debug="${debug}"> instead of the -ggdb gcc flag.