ant-user mailing list archives

From Dan Perik <...@periks.net>
Subject conditional testing based on compiling
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 19:34:39 GMT

Hello,

I have a build file which uses JUnit to run tests on my code after it
compiles (it depends on "compile").  The build file also has a deploy
target, etc., which also depends on "compile".  These unit test are time
consuming.  There are times when it doesn't need to "compile" to
"deploy".  But it still runs the unit tests anyways (even though it
doesn't need to).  What I'd like to do is have it only run the unit
tests IF it had to compile something.  Sort of like:

do compile {
  if anything compiled {
    do tests
  }