ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tolley Shorn" <Shorn.Tol...@nrm.qld.gov.au>
Subject RE: java task and command line interaction
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:20:38 GMT
So there's definitely no way to tranfer the standard input stream across to the forked process?
(I guess it'd be kinda painful to do in a cross-platform manner, eh?)

I've had this issue a couple of times now.

Ctrl-Break on windows goes to the Ant process, so I get a stack dump from the Ant JVM instead
of the JVM my code is running in... real helpful.  And in some other instances it would've
been nice to just be able to read some input from the user.  Don't get me wrong though, I'd
rather work round the issues than bother with writing my own batch files to kick off these
processes :)

I get around these issues with proper debugging tools, using the JPDA and all that.
But it'd be nice if I could just get some input to the running JVM every so often.

Cheers,
Shorn.

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.