ant-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Lochart" <dloch...@capecomputing.com>
Subject Re: Greeting and task development question
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:07:12 GMT
You need to have the jar with tasks in the classpath.  One way to do this is
put the jar in the $ANT_HOME\lib directory.  If that is not desirable you
will need to spell out the classpath for your ant task in the <taskdef>
definition for your task so that ant can find it to run your task.

I hope this helps

Doug

Invisible to Telescopic Eye ... Infinity the start that would not die!
All who dare to cross her course
Are swallowed by a fearsome force
Through the void ... To be destroyed ?...
   Or is there something more?
Atomized .. At the core .. ot through the Astral Door ..
   To SOAR !!!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bender, Christopher" <Christopher.Bender@tdsecurities.com>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 1:50 PM
Subject: Greeting and task development question

Hey everyone!

Im new to this list and am a little unsure of how things work but Im sure
Ill catch on soon enough.

My first question is regarding the writing of my own tasks.  I have been
able to write a simple task and get it to run using the information found in
the ant manual.  Unfortunate, I need to run more complex tasks that have
been zipped into a jar file.  I have the manifest for the jar pointing to
the class I want to run, and now I am wondering if there is anyway I can get
ant to run this jar?

Thanks a lot,
Chris