ant-user mailing list archives

From "W. Sean Hennessy" <shenne...@goldenhourdata.com>
Subject RE: Warn for includes not found?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 23:01:15 GMT
Perhaps replace files attribute value wit reference to property which is
Result of patternset expanded as path with space replacing ${path.separator}.
Bet archive has example of this expansion..

<property name="expanded.patternset.as.path.prop" >

<filelist dir="${bandeirabr.logic}" id="bandeirabr.flist"
files="${expanded.patternset.as.path.prop}"

-----Original Message-----
From: Leonardo Abreu de Barros [mailto:leobarros@email.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 2:53 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Warn for includes not found?

You've got the point, Sean, this would solve the problem, but now the problem is: how can
I get a FileList from a
patternset?? :) I wouldn't like to have to rewrite all the file names again (there is a big
bunch of them...)

Thanks a lot,
Leonardo

--- In apache-ant@yahoogroups.com, "W. Sean Hennessy" <shennessy@g...>
wrote:
> Identifying files which do not exist is a bit different than
collecting files which do not match a filter.
> A FileSet is filtered which results in (Mispeled.java) being left
out of the selection.
> Using foreach one can iterate through a FileList and check each file
explicitly.
> Example below demonstrates FileList iteration.
> If you can generate a FileList from patternset you're almost there...
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <project name="trythis" default="chkthefiles" basedir="."> <taskdef
> resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties">
>   <classpath>
>        <pathelement
location="C:/Tools/ant-contrib-0.3/lib/ant-contrib-0.3.jar" />
>   </classpath>
> </taskdef>
>
>   <property name="bandeirabr.logic" value="${basedir}"/>
>
>   <patternset id="bandeirabr.logic">
>     <include name="${bandeirabr.logic}/Role.java"/>
>     <include name="${bandeirabr.logic}/User.java"/>
>     <include name="${bandeirabr.logic}/UserException.java"/>
>     <include name="${bandeirabr.logic}/Mispeled.java"/>
>   </patternset>
>
>   <filelist dir="${bandeirabr.logic}" id="bandeirabr.flist"
files="Role.java User.java UserException.java Mispeled.java"
> />
>

> <target name="chkthefiles"
>  description="check through filelist.">
>   <foreach param="iterFilespec" target="tstfileexits">
>    <path>
>        <filelist refid="bandeirabr.flist" />
>    </path>
>   </foreach>
> </target>
> <target name="tstfileexits"
>    description="test barks if param iterFilespec does not exist.">
> <!-- -->
> <if>
> <then>
> <echo message="${iterFilespec} does not exist!" />
>
> </then>
> </if>
> </target>
> </project>

consequence of this, it doesn't get compiled. What I need