ant-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Lochart" <dloch...@capecomputing.com>
Subject Help with indirect (lazy) property dereferencing
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:09:49 GMT
HI All,

The values are contrived but I hope it gives you an idea of what I am trying to do.  I have
property (abc) that will
be loaded from a property file.  I will have another property set in a properties file (test)
that will contain the name
of a property to use ( I cant (don't want to) use tha value of that property at this point
like <property name="test" value="${abc}"/> )

The property file with (abc) is loaded after the (test) property is created.

<property name="abc" value="SUCCESS"/>

<property name="test" value="abc"/>

Is there anyway I can do something like this?  I know the following syntax does not work but
can this be
accomplished in some other way?

<property name="final" value="${${test}}"/>

thanks in advance

Doug

Now I've gained some understanding
Of the only world that we see.