ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ilja Preuss" <pre...@disy.net>
Subject RE: <succeed/> ?
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:19:48 GMT
Spencer Phil (KTXA 2) wrote:

> 2. <fail/> is also a goto! If I accept that I don't need
>    <succeed/> I must also argue that you don't need <fail/>

No, fail is not a goto. Ant isn't an imperative language, but a
declarative.

In your Ant script you *declaratively* describe what constitutes a
successful build. A successful build is *by definition* one which
executed the run target (and all the targets it depended on) without
failing.

Take care, Ilja

--
++ Business Intelligence: disy Cadenza Web - drei Klicks zum Ergebnis
++ http://www.disy.net/cadenza

     Ilja Preuß                                  preuss@disy.net
     disy Informationssysteme GmbH               http://www.disy.net
     Stephanienstr. 30                           Tel: +49 721 1 600 624
     D-76133 Karlsruhe, Germany                  Fax: +49 721 1 600 605

++ disy: Kosteneinsparungen durch Optimierung Ihrer IuK-Prozesse ++