ant-user mailing list archives

From "W. Sean Hennessy" <>
Subject RE: <SQL> can't execute a ${property}?
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:35:02 GMT
      [sql] DROP ' at line 1"

  What's up with the asymetric quote chars in the statement above?
  Sometimes the difference in text editors and XML encodeing will hide invalid chars.

  Perhaps if you separate each SQL statement into separate properties you might be able to
isolate/expose the problem

  SQLLine1="DROP TABLE SIRRAdatainfo;"
  SQLLine2="DROP TABLE SIRRAinstall;"

Good hunting..

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 1:50 PM
Subject: RE: <SQL> can't execute a ${property}?

> Have you tried <echo>'ing, to console or file, the contents
> of your property?

Yes, the query is OK.  Echo'd to screen and to file, it looks fine.  Ant -verbose also displays
the entire query
properly before executing it.  As a test, I echo'd to a file, then cut'n'pasted back into
the Ant script as the content
of the <sql> task.  Pasted, it works fine.  It only fails when I let Ant expand the

It's also strange that MySQL is reporting failure at the 100th character.  I don't know what
to make of that.

// William R. Zwicky
// USA-CERL  (217) 352-6511 x7405
// Champaign, IL