ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Madison" <...@tfftech.com>
Subject Re: AW: ANT environment setup ?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:14:15 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Claudio Corsi" <ccorsi@progress.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: AW: ANT environment setup ?

> I am assuming that you are using ksh as your default login shell. This
> is not important for this but I mention this for completeness.
>
> It seems that your .profile is an executable, make it read only.
>
> Also make sure that this file is located within your home directory.
>
> add the following line to the .profile file.
>
> echo Updating the PATH environment variable
> export PATH=<set your path>

you'll want to chage the above to
export PATH=$PATH:<set your path>

to make sure that you don't erase the system path setting. (although it's
already odd that you have no path
at all set when you log in).

i'm coming in late to the discussion so i'm assuming you properly have your

ANT_HOME
and
JAVA_HOME

vars set?