ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn <k...@koyuru.com>
Subject Re: pass parameters from build.xml to my shell script ??
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 01:58:50 GMT
Sorry I was going out the door and just didn't have the time.

I do things like:

	<target name="crc">
		<exec executable="${env.MOBILE_HOME}/add/add_crc" os="RH Linux">
			<arg line="${midlet.home}/${suite.name}.kjx"/>
		</exec>
	</target>

or

		<exec executable="gpg" os="linux" errorproperty="none"
outputproperty="the_value">
			<arg value="-d"/>

			<arg value="${encrytped.file.path}/important_do_not_delete.txt.gpg"/>

		</exec>

or

	<target name="mysql_backup">

		<exec executable="mysqlhotcopy" os="RH Linux"
output="${log.dir}/mysql_backup_b.txt">
			<arg line="--allowold test japanese app_dev
${home.dir}/ant_backup/mysql/hotcopy"/>
		</exec>

		<echo>done</echo>
	</target>

Anyway what would your command line look like if you launched your script
from the shell.

You can just break that up using <arg value...> or using <arg line....>
(see the docs for the diff and more details).

(all the above are actually executables but I believe passing parameters to
a script would be the same.)

--
Shawn