ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem with the java task...help needed urgent
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:06:24 GMT
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Laxma Nandikonda <Laxma.Nandikonda@nokia.com>
wrote:

> 1. How can I overcome this problem of too long command line.

Don't fork.

Use $CLASSPATH instead of expanding it.

> I have this dependcies target rmic depends compile1 target compile1
> depends init target init depends clean
>
>   and then a separate target run.
>
>   It's saying the complete build sequence is [run, clean, init,
>   compile1, rmic]. I think rather it should say [run, rmic,
>   compile1, init, clean ]. Any comments ??

You are reading the output in the wrong direction (and the output is
misleading as only the build sequence is important to you, the
"complete" build sequence is something internal to Ant).

run, clean, init, compile1, rmic

means not much - if your invoke "ant run", run will be the only thing
that gets invoked.  The order of clean, init, compile1, rmic matches
exactly your dependenvy chain - this is the order the targets would
get executed in if you invoked "ant rmic".

Stefan