ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to compile the classes using the jdk1.3.1 compiler?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:01:14 GMT
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, David <achepati67@yahoo.es> wrote:

> So, what does mean to do:
> <javac compiler="javac1.3">

Mainly: Use com.sun.tools.javac.Main as compiler class instead of
sun.tools.javac.Main.

> Following the documentation the <javac> task will use the jdk 1.3
> version.

... of the compiler invocation.

JDK 1.3 and 1.4 use the same class, so there is no big difference
between "javac1.3", "javac1.4" and "modern".  The only difference is
that the source attribute of <javac> will be ignored if you use
javac1.3 (1.4 adds the -source command line switch).

> How we have to understand that if it is not using my jdk 1.3.1
> installed on my machine? Do it simulate that jdk version?

No, its all about the entry point and potential command line
arguments.

Stefan