ant-user mailing list archives

From Bianca Xue Jiang <bji...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Can I make multiple Ant run with the same VM under command line?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:39:43 GMT
That's the answer I've been longing for.  Thanks a bunch, Jake!

Bianca

Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com>
09/25/2003 04:36 PM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Can I make multiple Ant run with the same VM under command   line?

At 04:07 PM 9/25/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>I took a tour of http://www.antshell.org/.  Looks interesting.  Still my
>age old question: when under this antshell, does each call of a target
>fire up a new VM?

No.  Running within a single VM across build runs is the primary reason
for
its existence.

>Thanks,
>Bianca
>

>Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com>
>09/25/2003 03:55 PM
>Please respond to
>"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

>"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
>cc
>
>Subject
>RE: Can I make multiple Ant run with the same VM under command  li ne?
>

>At 12:00 PM 9/25/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >That's not what I am asking.  Ultimately we are going to use Ant.  But
> >currently we are mostly using Perl and use Ant just to do some new
work.
> >With this provided, I would like to optimize the fact that each time
Ant