ant-user mailing list archives

From "David" <achepat...@yahoo.es>
Subject <telnet> can't execute an ant execution
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 16:15:34 GMT
Dear members,

If I want to invoke a ant command during a telnet target it seem to me it
doesn't work. If I do:

    <target name = "remote-build"
        <telnet
            password    = "${telnet.password}"
            port        = "${telnet.port}"
            server      = "${telnet.server}"
            userid      = "${telnet.userid}"

            <write>ant -l log.txt usage</write>
        </telnet>
    </target>

the build file is on the $HOME directory so it should be executed. At the
end of the execution the log.txt file exist, but it is empty.

Nevertheless if I invoke a ls command in the following way:

    <target name = "remote-build"
        <telnet
            password    = "${telnet.password}"
            port        = "${telnet.port}"
            server      = "${telnet.server}"
            userid      = "${telnet.userid}"

            <write>ls > output.txt </write>
        </telnet>
    </target>

at the end of the execution the output.txt file contents the output of the
ls command.

I have tried to simple invoke a task that rename an existing file. But under
telnet the ant command: ant rename-file, is not executed. The file doesn't
change the name.

Do you have any idea about why it doesn't work.

Note: I am using the latest ant version.

Thanks in advance,

David