ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: ant hangs on vss task after login prompt
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:03:44 GMT
The serverpath attribute seems to be wrong.
Another ant user seems to be setting the server path attribute to the UNC
path of the ini file of source safe on the server.
Can you try it and see if this works.
Maybe the docu needs an update.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=103523403507111&w=2

Antoine

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bart Read [mailto:bart.read@camcog.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. September 2003 18:54
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: ant hangs on vss task after login prompt

Hi All,

I have a problem with an ant build file that attempts to get the latest
versions of all our files from SourceSafe.  I'm using Ant 1.5 integrated
with IntelliJ IDEA 3.0.5 on Windows 2000 SP 4 with SourceSafe 6.  I've
specified both username and password in accordance with the ant
documentation.  I have an init target and a number of get_xxx targets,
none of which work:

    <!-- initialisation common to all tasks -->
    <target name="init">

        <!-- SourceSafe properties -->
        <property name="login" value="Bart Read,mypassword"/>
        <property name="ssdir" location="C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio\Common\VSS\win32\"/>
        <property name="serverPath" location="C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio\Common\VSS\"/>

    </target>

<target name="get_latest"
depends="init,get_top_level,get_java_source,get_resources,get_win32_sour
ce,get_installshield" description="Gets latest version of all relevant
files from SourceSafe."/>

    <target name="get_top_level" depends="init" description="Gets top
level stuff like build files and libraries.">
        <vssget vsspath="/toplevel"
                localpath="C:\dev\control\java"
                login="${login}"
                ssdir="${ssdir}"
                serverPath="${serverPath}"
                recursive="true"
                autoresponse="Y"/>
    </target>

All I get when I try to run even the get_top_level task on its own is
the following output:

ctrltest.xml
init
property
property
property
property
property
property
get_top_level
vssget
Username: Bart Read

And that's it... it never gets any further.  Anybody got any idea what's
going on?  I couldn't seem to find anything relevant in the mailing list
archive, and the only mention of this in the manual is that ant will
lock up if you don't specify a password when you need to.  The only
other thing I wondered is whether or not this is because my ss.ini file
is in fact called srcsafe.ini.  Will this cause a problem with the
serverPath attribute?

Many thanks,
Bart

IMPORTANT NOTICE.
Confidentiality:  This e-mail and its attachments are intended for
the above named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to
you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy
or show them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the
error.
Security Warning:  Please note that this e-mail has been created in
the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications
medium.  We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security
when e-mailing us.
Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually
virus free.
Monitoring and Scanning: Cambridge Cognition has monitoring and scanning
systems in place in relation to emails sent and received to: monitor /
record business communications; prevent and detect crime; investigate the
use of the Company's internal and external email system; and provide
evidence of compliance with business practices.