ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: Manifest.mf
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:33:57 GMT
Hi Rob,

please prepare patches for these tasks, no problem.

I introduced the attribute cmpversion for the jboss deployment tool, this
was requested in a bugzilla request, but I did not see there was a link with
the weblogic implementation of ejbjar had a similar attribute.

I have also nothing against ejbjar inheriting from jar, but if someone has
subclassed ejbjar ... this is going to break backward compatibility.

What we might want to do is then to create a new ejbjar implementation
extending jar and with class name EjbJar2. If the interface for the build
file writer is compatible with the current ejbjar, then we can throw the
current ejbjar out of defaults.properties and link the task name <ejbjar/>
to the class EjbJar2. Of course we would mark the class EjbJar as
deprecated. If the build file interface of EjbJar2 is different, then the
task will have to be given a new name in the build files (like <ejbjar2/>).

Cheers,

Antoine

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rob van Oostrum [mailto:lists@springwellfarms.ca]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 25. September 2003 21:23
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: RE: Manifest.mf

One a sort-of-related note ... is there any reason why the weblogic
deployment tool uses its own newCMP/oldCMP attributes when a cmpversion
attribute was added to <ejbjar> some time ago (which is what the jboss
deployment tool uses)? It looks like this area is due for some cleanup to
get some consistency in place ... (and yes, that means I'll volunteer to do
the work if that's what it'll take).

cheers
Rob