ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: Technical Support for ANT telnet task
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:09:23 GMT
Nagarajan,
I am not an expert of the telnet task.
May be you could try to write a shell script which would run at the remote
end and which would be better able to handle the series of events that you
want to deal with. Then you would invoke this shell script with the telnet
task.
The other solution might be that you switch to ssh (secure shell) and
ant1.6alpha.
ssh is the most powerful solution.
Cheers,
Antoine

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Nagarajan Murugesan [mailto:NMURUGESAN@Selectica.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. September 2003 08:25
An: antoine@apache.org; antoine@antbuild.com; bodewig@apache.org;
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de; user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: Technical Support for ANT telnet task

Hi All,
I have posted few messages to ant user list regarding Telnet
task problem. But till now no reply from anybody.
Where can I get the technical support for telnet task. Is there
any id to contact Netcomponent peoples. Or any other way to solve
that.
I here by adding my problem again. let me if you know the solution or
alternate,
How ro avoid carriage return (CR) while using <read> action in th e [Telnet]
task
Hai All,
I am using ANT telnet [NetComponents.jar]task to run a setup
in a remote unix mechine from my local win2000 mechine.
returns a carriage return. Which is undesirable in my application.
How to disable the carriage return send by the <read> command.
any options or ways to do that?
Here is the sample code and output:
<read>PRESS &lt;ENTER&gt; TO CONTINUE:</read>
<write></write>
1 [telnet] PRESS <ENTER> TO CONTINUE:
2
3 [telnet]