ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject AW: ANT environment setup ?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:26:43 GMT

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Shailesh Sharma []
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. September 2003 03:04
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: ANT environment setup ?

>Iam working on a UNIX box. I need to setup my ANT environment. Here is
where my ant's executable is installed at:

>Iam assuming this path because when i type "./ant build.xml" from here tells me that ANT is OK ........but when i run "./ant build.xml"
from anywhere else gives me error that ant is not found or

>I need to know if i need to run this ./ant command from say,
/export/home/sxrdfe/applications/./ant build.xml

Run /opt/bea/weblogic81/server/bin/ant -f build.xml

actually you do not need to say -f build.xml because build.xml is the
default for build files
You might want to put /opt/bea/weblogic81/server/bin in the path

Another alternative is that you download say ant1.5.4 from,
by following the download links.

Then follow the installation instructions.

(set ANT_HOME to the directory where you install ant, set PATH to include
$ANT_HOME/bin, and install under $ANT_HOME/lib the library dependencies that
you want to use, like for instance netcomponents.jar if you plan to use the
ftp task, ...)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message