ant-user mailing list archives

From "James Richmond" <jrichmon...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: SCP Task - ant 1.6alpha
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:02:03 GMT
Thanks Stefan, please advise how to build with SSH tasks as suggested, or
point me towards an older  build with working SSH tasks.

=============================

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, James Richmond <jrichmond41@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have exactly the same issue with 10-Sep-2003 build. I noticed the
>ant-jsch.jar is empty bar the manifest

This explains a lot 8-)

The machine creating the nightly build is currently missing the JSch
classes, thus the ssh tasks are not part of the nightly builds.  If you have
JSch installed, you should be able to build an ssh-enabled version of Ant
yourself.

>- is this by design,

Yes and no.  Ant 1.6 will split optional.jar in multiple jars, one per
dependency.  If a dependency is not present, the corresponding jar is
created as an empty jar by Ant's build proceess.

>and why is this jar there when you also need the 3rd party jsch.jar?

It is supposed the tasks themselves, those tasks need JSch to do most of the
work.

Stefan