ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@sandvine.com>
Subject RE: PASSING PARAMETER FROM COMMAND LINE TO THE ANT SCRIPT ????
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:14:57 GMT
Hi Shailesh,
Can you please refrain from using all capitals in your Subject? It really is
considered bad etiquette.

As for your answer, you can supply parameters on the command-line using the
-D parameter:

ant -Dmyproperty=x mytarget

HTH,
d.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shailesh Sharma [mailto:shailesh_scea@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 12:08 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: PASSING PARAMETER FROM COMMAND LINE TO THE ANT SCRIPT ????

Hi,
how can i pass a parameter from my unix command line to my ANT script ?

Here is what i wanted to do:

when i type something like this:
my-unix-box > ./ant monapp testnet

then it should invoke my shell script called testnet.sh from an ANT build
script.

Now when i type in something like this:
my-unix-box > ./ant monapp production
then it should invoke my shell script called production.sh from an ANT build
script.

how can i do this:

I have created a build.xml file, ant.properties file and all other shell
scripts.
Iam basically "exec"uting my shell scripts from my ANT scripts.

Please help !!
thanks in advance ...shailesh