ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@sandvine.com>
Subject RE: Stupid newbie question
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:44:38 GMT
Could you just have two embedded filesets?

<copy ...>
    <fileset dir="src">
         <include name="**/*"/>
         <exclude name="**/*Base*.java"/>
    </fileset>
    <fileset dir="src">
        <include name="**/*TimeBased.java"/>
    </fileset>
</copy>

d.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Cohen [mailto:SCohen@sportvision.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 10:43 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Stupid newbie question

and I'm not a newbie.
How embarrassing.

It seems that in a <fileset>, if a particular file matches both an
<include> pattern and an <exclude> pattern, it will be excluded.  That
seems quite logical; I don't find this explicitly stated anywhere in the
manual, however.  Regardless of that, suppose I really do mean to
exclude all files with the word "Base" in their names, except for one
particular file, named, say, "TimeBased.java".  How would I accomplish
this?  I'm having way too much trouble handling this seemingly simple
problem.

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Sportvision, Inc.