ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Fuller" <jim.ful...@slgchorus.com>
Subject RE: ANT - Deployment Tool?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:51:02 GMT
well,

ant has all sorts of integration for deployment

- simple file transfer protocol support: ftp, ssh ( in latest and 3rd party tasks ), etc...means
that when you are done building you can move it to its final resting place
- java deployment: all sorts of assistance here, as you would expect
- RANT: a variant of ant called Remote ANT which lets you perform builds on remote machines
- integration with all major SCM means that if for example CVS is part of your deployment
workflow then you have no worries

hmmm, as for most valuable java deployment technology, not quite sure deployment has been
well defined in an engineering sense to be such a distinct activity.

ta, jim fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: D Bamud [mailto:nougain@cad.delhi.nic.in]
Sent: 10 September 2003 14:39
To: Ant Users List
Subject: ANT - Deployment Tool?

If you go to http://ant.apache.org you will see a
"Ant wins Java Pro award" section on top which says
ANT as "Most Valuable Java Deployment Technology".
But I cann't see much of *deployment* features in it.
I found it primarily *build* tool.

Having said that I want to use ANT as *deployment*
tool -as well-. Could someone give some pointers on that.

Thanks.