ant-user mailing list archives

From "Manav Ahuja" <manav.ah...@wipro.com>
Subject How to convert a text file from ASCII TO BINARY format.
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:54:55 GMT
Hi,

	We need to transfer different type of files from WINDOWS system
to UNIX system.
File types includes executables, jars, text files. We are transferring
all type of files
In BINARY mode. But for text files we are having some problems. The
problem is that the text
Files are having `^M` character at the end of each line, once
transferred to the UNIX system.
To overcome this one solution is to transfer any text file (ASCII
format) in ASCII mode and not
in BINARY mode. But we don't have the list of such text files.

	We are currently using ANT script for BUILDING. So we want to
know is there is any way
To convert all those text files from ASCII to BINARY mode using ANT
SCRIPT. Then we will be able
To transfer all those text files even in BINARY or in ASCII mode and
that won't introduce this
`^M` character in those files.

	Please send some details on the procedure or command to convert
text files from ASCII to
BINARY mode using ANT SCRIPT.

Regards,
Manav.