ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Craig" <craig_dick...@xelus.com>
Subject Custom task as child of project element?
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 23:01:42 GMT
I noticed that the Property class actually extends Task and not
ProjectComponent as I has expected. This made me think I could write a
custom task and also place a call to it in my build.xml as a direct child of
the project element (i.e. not inside of a target element). However I have
run into various errors and I am not wondering if this is even possible?

Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so how to go about it? For
example, what class should my task extend? Can I use a taskdef to define my
custom task under these circumstances, or do I have to add it to the ant
boot classpath?

Thanks.