ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject FYI: article on IBM about Ant & XSL
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:48:58 GMT
Source: Mailinglist: IBM developerWorks technology, Issue 36 - 2003 Sep 11

::: Enhance Ant with XSL transformations :::
Ant is a powerful tool for scripting build processes. When combined
with XSLT, Ant's power and flexibility increase dramatically.  Here,
IBM developer Jim Creasman explains and illustrates this concept using
real world examples from his previous experience.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-antxsl/?ca=dnt-436

Extract: how to manage the similar (but not identical) build processes for
several projects?

"Think of the process as an equation:
local targets + default targets + style sheet = build script

The local targets are contained in the primary XML file input to the
transformation. It reads the default targets from a secondary input document
and merges the results, giving preference to the local script during the
merge process."

Interesting article - but I think we can do that with <import>.

Jan