ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: problem with the java task...help needed urgent
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:08:09 GMT
>  Ok I think now I have got the problem, not sure though. When
> I run the target "run" in verbose mode I have got the output
> which is very long. I was trying to execute that on the
> command line but it is not taking more than 2046 characters.
> I think this is what I have heard about too long command line
> problem in windows.
>

> 1. How can I overcome this problem of too long command line.

You can´t.
not from command line ...
Ant 1.6 uses a java wrapper (ant-launcher).

> 2. The command line output I got was java -Dparameter= value
> -cp classpath etc...

With a space between "-Dparameter=" and the "value"?
If you need "value" delete the space. If you need that must be
quoted.

> though in my ant build script file I
> have given first classpath and then -Dparameters which is
> required to directly execute at the command line.

What "ant build script"?

> 3.Complete build sequence order is misleading. I have 5
> targets in total called clean, init, compile1, rmic and run.
>   I have this dependcies
>   target rmic depends compile1
>   target compile1 depends init
>   target init depends clean
>
>   and then a separate target run.
>   It's saying the complete build sequence is [run, clean,
> init, compile1, rmic]. I think rather it should say [run,
> rmic, compile1, init, clean ]. Any comments ??

If a target doesn´t depend on any other it can be executed on the first
places.
Because rmic depends on compile1, compile1 has to be executed BEFORE rmic.
Same for the other. So the order must be
  clean --> init --> compile1 --> rmic
Put the targets without any dependies before that and you´ll get this order.

Jan