ant-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject RE: Help to do a logical reverse of a copy but really a delete
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:10:15 GMT
Do u want to delete all the files you copy to target ? why bother to copy
then ?

Or u want to delete some selective files out of all the files that were
copied.

-----Original Message-----
From: kyles [mailto:kyle@customsoftinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 2:08 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Help to do a logical reverse of a copy but really a delete

Hello,

I want to delete selected files from a directory that also are to be found
in another directory, how to do this?

In short I have done an Ant 'copy' task such as:

    <copy todir="${target}">
      <fileset dir="${source}" />
    </copy>

Later I want to delete from 'target' the files copied there from 'source'.

I basicly want to 'undo' the copy.

I have looked at the delete task but it is not clear to me how I can use a
file set from another directory as a guide to delete from yet another
directory.

How can I undo a copy operation?

Thanks in advance.