ant-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject Substrings
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:05:51 GMT
Hi,

I have update some manifest files named like SO.MF, AL.MF etc using the
manifest task. Each of these is contained in projects that are named SCA_SO,
SCA_AL etc.

I need a generic ant script which would be supplied the name of the project
which would set a property. And from the project name I have to deduce the
name of the manifest file to update. So I would get "SCA_SO" and I have to
somehow do a substring to get the characters after the underscore i.e "SO"
and add ".MF" to them to get "SO.MF".

If my manifest files were named like "SCA_SO.MF" then I could simply add
".MF" to get the name of the file. I have tried this and it works but
unfortunately my manifest files aren't named like that.

Any ideas.

Vik