ant-user mailing list archives

From Nick Neuberger <Nick.Neuber...@sncc.com>
Subject Websphere (WAS) doesn't like my EAR file from ANT
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 19:53:36 GMT
For some reason, when I "install" an EAR file generated from ANT, websphere
Advanced Edition v4.0.3 doesn't like it when its installed.
com.ibm.ejs.sm.exception.OpException: cannot save the ear file.

Has anyone else experienced problems creating an EAR file from ANT and
installing it into WebSphere?

I found a support article at ibm.com that said the websphere application
assembly tool (AAT) is about the only way to properly generate an EAR file.
This would not be good.  PQ53148: J2EE EAR FILE DEPLOYMENT FAILURE

My EAR file consists of the standard stuff.  (about 28 jar files, and 1
*.war file).  If we generate the EAR file via AAT, then Websphere installs
the EAR just fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Nick Neuberger
Programmer / Analyst
IS Department
Safety National Casualty Corporation

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
identified in the alias address of this message and may contain confidential
distribution of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message from your system. Thank you.