ant-user mailing list archives

From <Laxma.Nandiko...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: how to exclude a file from directory
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:03:27 GMT
Hi

 It still doesn't work. I have added this fileset part as a top level child i.e) as a element
of the project in the build.xml file. I am pasting the Fileset part of my ant xml file..

<fileset dir = "../Client/src/com/antpml" >
      <exclude name="../Client/src/com/antpml/AntennaModelTool.java"/>
</fileset>

and the build.xml file is in Client directory.

I also tried with the exclude attribute of javac and it didn't work.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Zhang Yining [mailto:yining@ectoplasm.org]
Sent: 29 August, 2003 13:35
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: how to exclude a file from directory

Hi Laxma,

You can use the <exclude> tag in the <fileset> to exclude a particular
file (assuming you know the file name), like

<fileset dir="path/to/involved/directories">
   <exclude name="path/to/file/you/want/excluded">
</fileset>

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Zhang Yining
email: yining@zhangyining.net
weblog: http://www.zhangyining.net/weblog

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 15:57, Laxma.Nandikonda@nokia.com wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
>  I am having many directries and hundred's of files in each directory. In the compile
target I gave the directory structures but now I want to exclude a single file in a particular
directory from compilation..what's the ant sturcture for that would be ??. And again I can't
delete that file from that directory as it is a shared file.