ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Curtis <b...@brenagain.net>
Subject sshexec won't return before timeout
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:31:55 GMT

Hello...

I am using the sshexec task from 1.6alpha.

Here is my task:

<sshexec host="somehost"
          username="someuser"
          password="xxxxx"
          trust="yes"
          timeout="120"
          command=". env.sh; ./script.sh; ls -ltr | tail"
          />

Everything seems to work okay-- on the remote machine, the script runs,
with the proper env vars.  After a few seconds, it completes and the
contents of the directory are listed -- they appear on the console where I
am running ant.

However-- at this point the task does not complete.  It hangs until 120
seconds pass and the timeout is triggered.

Is this expected behavior?  Is there any way to make the task return
immediately, after the ls command completes?

If I remove the timeout attribute, I get the same behavior, except the
shorter, default timeout is used.  If I set timeout to zero, the task hangs
forever until I control-C the ant process.

thanks,
--bill