ant-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Corsi <cco...@progress.com>
Subject Re: passing paramter from ANT to shell script doesn't seems to work for me; Help !!!
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:51:04 GMT
Shailesh Sharma wrote:
> so what you are saying is ....i should not opt to use SHELL script and instead use ....java
task to invoke my weblogic.deploy utility ?

yes

> if that is the case(and correct me if iam wrong), i don't want this......basically we
have shell scripts that iam trying to wrap up with ANT .....to better maintain with some properties
file and etc.

since, in this case, you are only using ant as a wrapper tool to calling
your scripts then what you have looks fine.

have you tried using this build file?

> Claudio Corsi <ccorsi@progress.com> wrote:
>
> You should just use the java task in this case.
>
> You can define environment variables using nested env elements and it
> contains attributes for the classpath, classname, and etc that you can use.
>
> Take a look at the ant manual http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html
> for an example.
>
> Click on "Ant Tasks"->"Core Tasks"->"java"
>

> Shailesh Sharma wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>Thanks everybody for setting my unix environment. Although i have another email stating
the following problem but aim starting this as a new thread so as to be clear what my problem
is:

>>what iam "trying" to do is to pass some variables from my ANT script to the shell
script. This is what iam doing with my 3 files.

>>1) build.xml file:

>>ions">

>>>l.deployment.script.name}" />

>>---------------------------------------
>>2) myAnt.properties file:
>>
>>general.script=deployScript.sh
>>ANTPATCH=/opt/bea/wlserver6.1/lib/latest_deploy.jar
>>WEBLOGICJAR=/opt/bea/wlserver6.1/lib/weblogic.jar
>>ADMINPORT-NUMBER1=7001
>>HOSTNAME=reliant2

>>3) deployScript.sh file:
>>
>>export ANTPATCH=$1
>>export WEBLOGICJAR=$2
>>export ADMINPORTNUMBER=$3
>>export HOSTNAME=$4
>>

>>java -cp "$ANT-PATCH":"$WEBLOGIC-JAR" weblogic.deploy -port "$ADMIN-PORT-NUMBER" -host
"$HOSTNAME" -component testMon:beamon_biko_s1 deploy weblogic testMon /export/home/ext5sxs/applications/beamon/beaMon.war