ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert r. Sanders" <>
Subject Re: Controlling output directory of jar file
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:47:19 GMT
Try using something like this inside of the <jar> task :
       <jar jarfile="${jar.file}">  with this being the relative path to
the jar file you want to create from the ANT script's basrdir

I-Sampige, Srinivas wrote:

> I am two days old to ant;so I apologize if this has already been discussed before. After
understanding the documentation I was finally able to write a successful build.xml for my
project. I would like to know how I can control the destinaiton directory where my jar file
gets built. For example -
> My build script currently compiles all .java files under  /eTRAC/src and puts the .class
files in eTRAC/classes. The jar file also gets built it eTRAC/classes. I want the jar file
to end up in /eTRAC/WEB-INF/lib. How can I do that? Apparently the <jar> tag does not
support a "destdir" property.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

    Robert r. Sanders