ant-user mailing list archives

From Rutger Hofman <rut...@cs.vu.nl>
Subject Re: Clean build vs partial rebuild
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:19:25 GMT
An incremental build should come with sophisticated dependency
analysis. For this, there is <depend>. However, in my experience
doing "ant depend build" is not at all necessarily faster than
"ant clean build".

So, an incremental build is only faster without "ant depend", but
then the programmer should be very aware of overlooked dependencies.

Rutger Hofman
VU Amsterdam