ant-user mailing list archives

From Roy Smith <...@panix.com>
Subject Re: How to compile a java file?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:42:25 GMT

On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 05:33  AM, Antoine Levy-Lambert
wrote:

> Read the documentation, you need to use the <javac/> task.
> The docu is available online under http://ant.apache.org/manual
> Cheers,
> Antoine

Thanks everybody for the help.

A suggestion to the doc writers -- it turns out the documentation for
the javac task is pretty good, but the problem is that I never found
it.  Scanning the table of contents, I interpreted "Ant Tasks" as an
advanced chapter on defining your own tasks, so I didn't delve into
that part of the manual.  I spent most of my time in "Using Ant /
Writing a Simple Buildfile", and was perplexed when the example given
didn't show how to compile java files.

Changing the name of the "Ant Tasks" chapter to something like
"Predefined Ant Tasks" might have caused me to look there.