ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lindsey, Lucinda" <lali...@sandia.gov>
Subject Build.xml not working correclty when calling Makefile
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:31:03 GMT
Hi,

Our requirements to build our project are simple. We need to create a
framework directory that all subdirectories are checked out into before they
can be built using our existing makefiles.  We are new to ant, and our
attempt at doing this in our build.xml file was not successful. Here's the
build:

?xml version="1.0" ?>
 <project name="SNL_Tool_Root" default="make">
  <target name="make">
  <cvs package="PGL_JNI"></cvs>
   <exec executable="make">
        <arg line="-f PGL_JNI/Makefile"/>
  </exec>
  </target>
</project>

Although it correctly builds, the log file reveals the following error:

     [exec] Executing 'make' with arguments:
     [exec] '-f'
     [exec] 'PGL_JNI/Makefile'
     [exec]
     [exec] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
     [exec] not part of the command.
     [exec] PGL_JNI/Makefile:89: config/version: No such file or directory
     [exec] make: *** No rule to make target `config/version'.  Stop.
     [exec] Result: 2[exec]

When executing the make outside of ant, it builds successfully. We are
running ant 1.5.4 on Solaris 8 and Java 1.4.1.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cindy Lindsey
Sandia National Labs
(505)844-0548