ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Robert H - MWT" <Anderson.Rob...@menlolog.com>
Subject RE: ANT - Deployment Tool?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:03:54 GMT
There is an sshexec and scp task in the 1.6beta version that have proven to
be very useful for deployments at the company I work. I have also used the
sql task to update and load database packages, functions, triggers, views,
etc. In fact, the group I work in uses ant quite extensively and we don't
compile a single java class. Ant is not just a build tool, but a great
automation tool for almost anything you can think of.

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: D Bamud [mailto:nougain@cad.delhi.nic.in]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 6:39 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: ANT - Deployment Tool?

If you go to http://ant.apache.org you will see a
"Ant wins Java Pro award" section on top which says
ANT as "Most Valuable Java Deployment Technology".
But I cann't see much of *deployment* features in it.
I found it primarily *build* tool.

Having said that I want to use ANT as *deployment*
tool -as well-. Could someone give some pointers on that.

Thanks.