ant-user mailing list archives

From Shailesh Sharma <shailesh_s...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: AW: ANT environment setup ?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:49:26 GMT
i did this too:

unix-prompt> ant
ksh: ant:  not found

the above is that what iam getting.

Eddie Bernard <ebernard@digitalthink.com> wrote:
That's because you used:
prompt> ./ant
which implies that you want to run the executable from the current directory
(i.e. '.')

What you wanted is:
prompt> ant
which will find the ant executable from your defined $PATH

-----Original Message-----
From: Shailesh Sharma [mailto:shailesh_scea@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 6:57 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: AW: ANT environment setup ?

I have this directory structure:
---------------
all my jars are here:

/user/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/ant/ant.jar
/user/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/ant/jakarta-oro-2.0.4.jar
/user/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/ant/optional.jar

-----------------

------------------
my executable ant is here:
/user/bea/weblogic81/server/bin/ant
/user/bea/weblogic81/server/bin/antRun
/user/bea/weblogic81/server/bin/antRun.pl

---------------

Now i need to run ANT from my profile:
----------------
here is where my .profile is:
/export/home/man7yrd

and i want to run ant from this place and not from
/user/bea/weblogic81/server/bin

---------------------------

i have changed my .profile file something like this:
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
ANT_HOME=/user/bea/weblogic81/server
export ANT_HOME
set PATH=$ANT_HOME/bin:$PATH
export PATH

-----------------

then i made this .profile as an executable like this:

chmod +x .profile

and then i ran this .profile file like this with no errors:

./.profile

and then when i did this from here:

unix-box>/export/home/man7yrd
./ant