ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Bram" <AB...@kaptechwest.com>
Subject errors in <parallel> tasks
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:27:44 GMT
I love the <parallel> task. I use it in the conventional way:

  <parallel>
    <run my J2EE server>
    <wait for server to come up, run tests, then shut down server>
  </parallel>

What troubles me is that if anything goes wrong, and I don't successfully reach and execute
the "shut down" part, the server never finishes, and thus my build hangs forever.  There doesn't
seem to be any way to interrupt the "run server" thread from the failing other thread.

Am I missing something here?

I care about this because I'm setting up Cruise Control on this build/test cycle.  Maybe I
should also ask the Cruise Control community.

Cheers,
 - arb