ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: Websphere (WAS) doesn't like my EAR file from ANT
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:17:27 GMT
Is there a way to auto-generate the application.xml file like you can do
with WL6.1?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Neuberger [mailto:Nick.Neuberger@sncc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 5:10 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Websphere (WAS) doesn't like my EAR file from ANT

We are using the Wizard -> "Install Enterprise Application" menu option in
the WebSphere Adminstrators Console.

We typically go as follows:
-Launch Admin Console on Win2k Server.
-Stop Server via GUI.
-Remove old Enterprise Application via GUI.
-Install the new EAR file using the "wizard"  (its failing on installing the
new EAR file generated from my ant build script.)
-Regen webserver plugin
-Start Server.

Here is the snippet from our build script.

    <target name="build-war">
	    <property name="war.project.name" value="IMS-IIWeb"/>
        <war warfile="${crud.dir}/${war.name}"
manifest="${war.project.name}/webApplication/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF"
webxml="${war.project.name}/webApplication/WEB-INF/web.xml">
            <fileset dir="${war.project.name}/webApplication/">
            	<exclude name="**/MANIFEST.MF"/>
            	<exclude name="**/web.xml"/>
            </fileset>
        </war>
    </target>

    <target name="build-ear">
        <ear earfile="${dist.dir}/${ear.name}"
appxml="IMS-II/META-INF/application.xml">
            <fileset dir="${crud.dir}" includes="*.jar"/>
            <fileset dir="${crud.dir}" includes="*.war"/>
        </ear>
    </target>

    <target name="sncc-admin">
        <antcall target="jar">
    		<param name="project-name" value="sncc-admin-2002a"/>
		</antcall>
    </target>