ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping a server
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:13:53 GMT
Hi Peter,

with ant 1.6alpha, there is a new attribute spawn in both the java and the
exec task which is designed to start this type of processes.

with the current ant version, what you can do is to write a wrapper shell
script which will start your server application in background and invoke
this wrapper with the exec task.

have a look at this posting from Bill Burton :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=104322316306620&w=2

Cheers,
Antoine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter" <peterv@westerninspection.com>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 10:19 PM
Subject: Bootstrapping a server

I’m using ANT to build, test and deploy a small socket server application.
My problem now is that I want ANT to fire up the server.  I’ve looked into
the <java> and <exec> tags but they seem to wait until the forked process
has finished.  I need a way to fork an asynchronous task much like the
tomcat bootstrap.